On 12 March, 2020 the government of South Sudan announced the long awaited cabinet of the Revitalized Transitional Government of National Unity (RTGoNU) with a good number of women representatives appeared.
Madam Rebecca Nyadeng, the widow of Late Dr John Garang, who is a member of political detainees, is the first ever South Sudan female Vice President.
Also, Madam Angelina Teny, a member of SPLM-IO political bureau who has been sharing the defense and security national committee, is the first South Sudan female Defense Minister, while the widow of Late Aggrey Idri who was kidnapped in Kenya and executed in South Sudan, Ayaa Benjamin Warille is appointed as Minister of Gender, Child & Social Welfare.
There is no doubt that the women are represented in the cabinet. Congratulations to women’s 35% share.
The list of the women in cabinet is below:
- Rebecca Nyadeng – Vice President
- Angelina Teny – Minister of Defense and Veteren’s Affairs
- Beatrice Kamisa Wani – Minister of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation
- Jemma Nunu Kumba – Minister of Paliamentary Affairs
- Josephine Joseph Lagu – Minister of Agriculture and Food Security
- Josephine Napwon Cosmas – Minister of Environment & Forestry
- Awut Deng Acuil – Minister of General Education & Instruction
- Elizabeth Acuei – Minister of Health
- Ayaa Benjamin Warille – Minister of Gender, Child & Social Welfare
- Nadia Arop Dudi – Minister of Culture, Museum & National Heritage
- Lily Albino Akol – Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Food Security